Due to shipping constraints, the back panel of your bookshelf door is not included. Measurements of the rear panel will be provided so you can purchase any 1/4" thick paneling from any local hardware store. Most 1/4" panels will cost anywhere from $16-21 USD dollars.
ALL DYI Kit come with assembly instructions.
Required tools: Nail and staple Gun, Glue, and Drill.
Maderra attempts to build its doors and other products within approximately 6-8 weeks. This timeframe can vary based on the supply chain and the number of orders it receives. Each door/product is custom-built; hence, the production time frame may extend beyond the 6-8 weeks timeframe mentioned on its website.
Door depth: 8 inches.
Shelf depth: 7.125 inches.
1. DOOR WAY & MEASUREMENTS. Here you can find important information in determining if a Bookshelf Door is right for your particular space. All our Bookshelf Doors come with a prehanged Door Frame which needs to be installed and screwed into an existing door opening. You will need a door way with a HEADER and with JACK STUDS on both sides of your door opening, also known as the Rough Door Openig. All door openings require to have at least 4.5" (Inches) around your door opening in order for the Bookshelf Door to be installed successfully. *As shown below.
MEASUREMENTS. All measurements must be taken from the Door Jamb and not from the Door Stop. You need 3 simple measurements: 1. Door Height; 2. Door Width; 3. Door Casing/Molding Width.
All Doors are made from engineered MDF wood, including doors that have a woodgrain pattern. Doors that have a woodgrain pattern with drawers and bottom doors will not come in the shaker door style. Doors will come on a flat door panel. Only solid-painted grade doors will have drawers and bottom doors with the shaker door style.
Another important measurement is the Door Jamb Width. Only Inswing Doors require Door Jambs no wider then 4.5" (Inches).
If your Door Jamb is wider then 4.5” please contact us for a custom Bookshelf Door.
2. INSWING - OUTSWING. Outswing is a "Pull Out" Bookshelf Door. Inswing is a "Push In" Bookshelf Door.
3. DOOR PASS-THROUGH SPACING. It is important to consider that the pass-through spacing of your door opening will be smaller once you have installed your hidden bookshelf door. The deeper your bookshelf door is, the smaller your pass-through spacing will be. To give you the max pass-through spacing and storage space on your bookshelf, we have designed and engineered our doors to be 8 inches deep for our standard doors and 10 inches deep for our soundproof doors.
NOTE: If you are replacing an existing door with a bookshelf door, you will need to remove the old door casing around your door opening to place our prehung door frame. If you are doing an outswing door, notice that on the side where the door opens, you will see the unfinished drywall; you will need to mud and paint over this area so it looks clean when you open the door. If you are doing a new construction, you will want to finish the edge of side the door will open. This only applies to outswing doors.
4. PAINT VS NON-PAINT. All of our doors are machine painted and are inspected by our technicians at our highest quality standards. All of our doors use a specialized cabinet-painted solution that will make doors stand out. Our doors get a coat of primer and then have three additional coats of paint put on them. Our doors are then finished with the last coat of polyurethane protective scratch-resistant solution, which will keep your door smooth and easy to clean.
5. CASING. We offer "Classic Casing", "Modern Casing" or "Craftsman Casing". *It is important to indicate when you order the style of casing you want your bookshelf door to have.
Note: If your door has an existing door casing, select a wider casing when ordering your bookshelf door so that your new casing covers your old one. If your new door casing does not cover your old casing, you will most likely need to mud and paint part of your drywall so that you have a nice finish look.
6. SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS.
All doors will be securely packaged and ship in a pallet. The freight company will deliver the product to curbside only. All Shipping is done by third-party companies and scheduling deliveries will be scheduled by the freight company.
Maderra has no control or guarantee over expected delivery dates or times given that third party companies are used for shipping.
Upon delivery, you are responsible to inspect the product entirety for any defects or damages borfore the delivery drives leaves. If you determine that the product is damaged or defective, you need to list all the damages on the “Bill of Lading” and reject the delivery
Note: Given length and height shipping restrictions by freight companies, doors that are taller than 96", the prehang door frame will shipped out unassembled. All prehand door frame are painted as one unit and will be dissembled for shipping, which may cause some of the paint to be chip off the corners.
7. Fire Rated Doors. If you choose to have a fire rated door, material will be sprayed with clear Fire retardant coatings/spray that has been tested and certified to NFPA 701, 705 and 260 flammability rating.
8. Terms & Conditions.
Exchanges or Returns
Each Door made by Maderra is considered custom made and cannot be reused or sold. Once an order is submitted and paid for, you agree that after 24 hours from the date and time the order is received by Maderra, your order(s) is final and nonrefundable. You can cancel an order within 24 hours from the time and date the order is submitted for a full refund. All cancelations must be submitted in writing within 24 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Financing available.
You can purchase this door for as little as $92 a month using our finance partner Affirm.